Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Anniversary


Tuesday, August 21, was our three year anniversary. I feel very blessed that I even got to spend it with Shawn, since originally we thought he would still be at home. Oh, and we did get to go to Dubai the day before, which is a pretty good way to celebrate, but we still wanted to do something nice.

The first thing we did was relax! Slept in and took it easy. We then decided to do a late lunch at a restaurant called Tiara. It is located in a tower 55 stories tall at the mall with a beautiful view of the coast and city. It also rotates 360 degrees around while you eat. It was amazing. We ordered mocktails... you can't get alcohol in restaurants here (not like I could anyway)... and I had a delicious chicken meal.



View! 


After our late lunch/early dinner, Shawn ran my leftover food back to the hotel while I popped around some stores. When you are on a budget with no kitchen, you save any food you can! We then decided to see the new Batman movie at the theatre in the mall.

The movie experience here is much better than at home. For about the same price, if not a little less, you buy your tickets and pick your seats. This is an assigned seat where you want in the theatre, which is nice because when you go in you don't have to spend time finding seats. The concession area has all types of food, drinks, ice cream, etc... If you want you can even upgrade seats to a fully reclining leather seat with access to a full menu where they serve you at your seat with pillows and blankets!!!

Our seats were very nice though... huge and leather. Very comfortable. The screen was larger and very clear, and the sound was fantastic. All in all a great movie experience. I did enjoy the movie as well. It was in English with Arabic and French subtitles. They bothered me a little at first, but by halfway through I didn't notice them at all.

It was a very nice anniversary and I feel very lucky to be married to my best friend!!!

Wednesday was a nice relaxing day as well. We spent the morning lounging about before heading to Heritage Village. It is an area set up to look like Abu Dhabi in the past, with example buildings, homes, and shops. It was very hot and I drenched my clothing in sweat, but it was manageable as there were places to pop inside with AC on. It was a nice free activity and we learned a lot!


















We came back to the hotel for a dip in the pool to cool down, and then got ready for bowling night. A group of us rented a private room at the bowling ally and had a great time. I used to be a good bowler, but not anymore haha. We still had a blast, although my body felt it later. I guess they weren't lying when they said you ligaments and muscles stretch during pregnancy. Even though I took it easy and used a very light ball, my legs are still feeling the affects. The bowling ally is just like home, except better food! Overall it was a fun night!       

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha... that's what Shawn said when we went!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the level of enthusiasm and how in touch with your feelings you are, like how you know that Shawn is both your best friend and lover, thats actually a rarity and I am so happy for you both if not a little jealous.
    Been cooler here, in 80's but more rain. We may get a lot of rain from Hurricane Issac also, but just rain, not wind. I am almost done with my HVAC system, back to school also so I am a busy body.

    ReplyDelete