Monday, August 13, 2012

The good news!

Well... I haven't written on here in awhile because we have been super busy. As mentioned before, we believed that I would be leaving between August 8-12th for Abu Dhabi, and Shawn would follow about 6-8 weeks behind. As I packed and got ready, there were many things I didn't worry about because Shawn could take care of them. Well... on July 30th we got my itinerary, which included Shawn coming with me on August 8th. Needless to say the next week was busy... but I am so glad he got to come with me instead of waiting. We sold our furniture and packed the whole house up. Here is a picture of the process in the living room.


Everything seemed to click into place. We found a fantastic family to take Kodiak, Calypso, and all three cats, and my mom took Haley! All the furniture sold and we have great renters. Yet, there were a few bumps along the way. The night before we left we sold our queen bed and mattress and the people bringing the bed down the stairs dented the walls pretty good. Luckily my dad helped patch them up the morning we left. Also, the night before w left we were up til 2am packing and cleaning. Finally at 2, we decided to go to bed. Just then I realized I was missing my wedding rings. I went into full panic mode. I usually put them on a ring holder, but I had already packed that. We searched my purse, pulled the box out with my jewelry... even the vacuum cleaner and the trash. I couldn't remember the last time I wore them or where I took them off. I had been cleaning all day and was sure I knocked them down the drain. Ugggg! After searching with no luck, we decided we should go to bed and rest and try again in the morning. As we are laying in bed, Shawn and I begin to pray. Right as Shawn is asking for clarity, I bolt up and remembered exactly where they were. I remembered putting them in a small drawer in the bathroom so not to loose them. Sure enough, we pull the box out of the attic where that drawer is packed and there they are! The power of prayer! 

Thursday morning. we got up early and finished our last minute things. Then we were finally ready to head to the airport. I have to admit, for moving overseas for 2 years and packing baby clothes... we did pretty good! 


Now... to hear about the plane trip!!!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment