Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gobble Gobble!!!


Just a quick post to show how we spent our Thanksgiving.

Even though we are far from home, we were able to bring a little bit of home to the UAE. Our friends Shon and Jenia hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their place Thanksgiving evening and it was nice to spend time together as an Al Ain family. Friends from when we first arrived were there as well as new friends we just met recently. 

We did it potluck style, everyone bringing a dish they would like to eat for Thanksgiving. Shawn and I made green bean casserole and some pilgrim hats I found on Pinterest. I had to improvise the cookies because I couldn't find the same kind here (Fudge Stripes). The first kind I tried crumbled all over the place, but I finally figured it out. 

casserole cooking

Among the food we had mashed potatoes, pasta salad, deviled eggs, bread, veggies, salads, and pasta. It was delicious. There was pudding, cake, and even homemade pumpkin pie for dessert.


YUM!!!!


Even though I missed my family back home, it was a great evening of time spent around the table laughing. We are so blessed to have this network or friends and support here across the world... I am truly thankful for this.

kid's table

Shawn was excited about pumpkin pie



Next up... Christmas in the desert :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment