Monday, December 31, 2012

Shop til you Drop

More catching up from the month of December!
(December 3)

During the National Day weekend, the group of us girls from work decided to go shopping in Dubai. Some of them knew of a place where you could get designer purses at a great price, so bag shopping we went. We rode together to the Dubai Mall and grabbed a snack at a coffee shop. (I was hungry... as usual). Then we grabbed a taxi and were ready to go.

When we found the shop the real shopping began. First we looked around the store before we were shown upstairs to the “other rooms.” One room lead to another, and you had to duck under the ceiling to get between them. The ladies were not happy with the selection though, so before you knew it we were following someone to another place.

We arrived at what looked like an apartment complex and followed the guy to the elevator. All the other ladies climbed in, but as soon as I stepped on the elevator buzzed at me :( I had to take another one up. The guy told me it was messed up but I felt a little large haha. Guess I maxed out the weight limit!

We walked down to a flat with three or four rooms full of bags, purses, wallets, and more. I picked out an Armani wallet for Shawn for Christmas and the girls picked out pretty bags. Then we were off to another shop.

We followed the guy to another shop where I found a Mulberry bag I liked. I had never heard of Mulberry, but really liked the tree emblem. I found out later it is a really good bag. When it was time to pay, the real fun began.

My friend Samina helped me haggle for the wallet and bag. She began to speak another language to the guy, who spoke the same language, and she was good! It was amusing to watch. She was talking really fast, and kept getting faster and faster. She was pointing to me and waving her hands around, reminding me of my Italian family! She finally talked them down for me, and you could tell they were just ready to get us out of there haha. We went back to the first shop, where she did the same thing to buy some shoes. I am taking her everywhere with me to shop!

After we finished shopping we headed back to the mall for lunch. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe, which was fun. Then it was time to head home.



It was a fun girls day and a fun experience. We will definitely be doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment